Entries by Tag
- 1971Institutional Award: Voice of America for Promotion of International Understanding
The Voice of America communicates the spirit and substance of the United States with imagination and high professional skill. USA Seventy-One and Studio One: The...Read More »
- 1972"No-Fault Insurance -- Right Road or Wrong?" and "Second Sunday, Seven-part Series on the Cities"
The highest function of the radio documentary is to inform the public and raise the threshold of interest in the crucial problems of the nation....Read More »
- 1972Conversations With Will Shakespeare and Certain of His Friends
A George Foster Peabody Award for presenting to high school audiences selected excerpts of professionally performed Shakespearean plays in combination with contemporary youth views to...Read More »
- 1972Institutional Award: Broadcasting Foundation of America for Promotion of International Understanding Through Radio
From 40 countries, a unique variety of informational, public affairs and cultural audio-tape programs are released daily to commercial and educational stations. These cover such...Read More »
- 1973"Lyric Opera Live Broadcasts" and "Music in Chicago"
To WFMT in Chicago, a Peabody Award for the laudable effort to provide listeners with truly memorable experiences in the world of music through its...Read More »
- 1973"Project 1 Experiment" for "The Carpenters: Live in Concert" and "Helen Reddy: Live in Concert"
To NBC radio, a Peabody Award for its outstanding Project I Experiment series. The Peabody Board salutes NBC Radio for its alertness in locating exceptional...Read More »
- 1973"Second Sunday: Communism in the 70s" and "A Right to Death"
To the NBC Radio Network for the exceptionally well-done series, Second Sunday, with special reference to two outstanding presentations in that series: Communism in the...Read More »
- 1975Institutional Award: KDKB Radio for Outstanding Contributions to the Community It Serves Through Its Superior Overall Public Service Programming
A George Foster Peabody Award to radio station KDKB, Mesa, Arizona, for its overall programming. In making this award, the Board would like to call...Read More »
- 1975Institutional Award: The Standard School Broadcast for Forty-Seven Years of Continuous Educational Radio Service to Citizens of the Far West
The Standard School Broadcast’s 47 years on the air throughout the Western states is an achievement to which any broadcaster could point with pride. It...Read More »
- 1975Institutional Award: WMAL Radio for Overall Excellence in the Radio Documentary as Exemplified by "Suffer The Little Children" and "The Legend of the Bermuda Triangle"
WMAL Radio in Washington has demonstrated that the radio documentary is not only still alive, but is doing exceptionally well. Two of their best efforts...Read More »
- 1975Two Hundred Years Ago Tonight: The Battle of Lexington
A Peabody Award to the Voice of America’s special bicentennial series, Two Hundred Years Ago Tonight, recreating in the theatre of the listeners’ imaginations the...Read More »
- 1976American Popular Song With Alec Wilder and Friends
A Peabody Award to the South Carolina Educational Radio Network for American Popular Song with Alec Wilder and Friends. This series is recognized as an...Read More »
Showing 331 results for radio
Page 6 of 7 pages