Entries by Tag
- Personal Award: Jack Gould for His Outstanding Contribution to Radio and Television Through His "New York Times" Writings
For distinguished criticism, commentary and analysis, a special George Foster Peabody Radio-TV Award is presented to Jack Gould of The New York Times. Mr. Gould’s...Read More »
- Institutional Award: CBS Radio and Television for Radio and Television News Including "Face the Nation," "See it Now," "The Twentieth Century," and "This is New York."
During 1957, the Columbia Broadcasting System provided news in depth by going behind current happenings to identify related problems, underlying causes, and influential individuals-as exemplified...Read More »
- Personal Award: Louis M. Lyons for Local Radio and Television News
As all Eastern New England knows, Louis M. Lyons is a Yankee of sunny, salty character. His broadcasts, heard simultaneously on radio and television, are...Read More »
- Institutional Award: WCCO Radio for Local Public Service
Local Radio Public Service: In its series on international understanding, WCCO, Minneapolis, made it possible for 12 scholars and two women journalists to study in...Read More »
- Institutional Award: Broadcasting and Film Commission, National Council of Churches of Christ in U.S.A., for Radio-Television Education for Such Programs as "Look Up and Live," "Frontiers of Faith," "Pilgrimage," and "Talk-back"
For its numerous contributions through such distinguished programs as Look Up and Live, (CBS-TV), directed to the youth audience, Frontiers of Faith, (NBC-TV), designed primarily...Read More »
- Institutional Award: KPFK Radio for Locally Produced Programs
The outstanding program series of KPFK of Los Angeles covered a wide range of subjects, such as, Arming to Parley, The Largest Question, Not Merely...Read More »
- Institutional Award: Texaco-Metropolitan Opera Network for Radio Public Service
For twenty years, Texaco has rendered a public service of inestimable cultural value through the broadcast of Metropolitan Opera, with carefully planned intermission programs, featuring...Read More »
- Institutional Award: WOOD Radio and WOOD-TV for Locally Produced Programs
For imaginative programming on a wide range of subjects, national and international, including such diverse themes as Wasted World, a in-depth study of local skid...Read More »
- Personal Award: Ireene Wicker for Children's Programs
Ireene Wicker brings to her weekly program, The Singing Lady, literate taste, tender understanding, wit, gaiety, and style. A benign sorceress as well as an...Read More »
- Institutional Award: WRUL Radio (Worldwide Broadcasting) for Contribution to International Understanding for Coverage of U.N. General Assembly Proceedings
WRUB (Worldwide Broadcasting), a division of Metromedia, Inc., carried into the homes of millions of people around the world through the medium of radio the...Read More »
- Institutional Award: Edward R. Murrow and Voice of America for Radio Contribution to International Understanding
Voice Of America, the broadcast service of the U.S. Information Agency, broadcasts 794 program hours per week in 37 languages, everywhere in the world, to...Read More »
- Special Award to Broadcasting Industry of the U.S.A. for Coverage of the Assassination of President Kennedy and Related Events
For four dreadful days last November, America and the world were stunned by the shock of the assassination of our President. At this time of...Read More »
- Personal Award: Dr. Leonard Reiffel for "The World Tomorrow"
A Peabody Award for the most distinguished education program in radio goes to Dr. Leonard Reiffel, Science Consultant and host of The World Tomorrow, which...Read More »
- Institutional Award: WCCO Radio for Radio Public Service
The year 1965, recording three major disasters in the vast rural areas of the plains states, offered WCCO Radio a rare opportunity to perform its...Read More »
- The Dorothy Gordon Youth Forum: Youth and Narcotics - Who Has the Answer?
This program clearly demonstrated the importance of educating young people and the general public to face the facts involved in the narcotic scourge which is...Read More »
- Institutional Award: The Fine Arts Society of Indianapolis for Their Overall Programming
The Fine Arts Society of Indianapolis is a public charitable trust established to promote the understanding and appreciation of the fine and performing arts. Each...Read More »
- Institutional Award: Voice of America for Promotion of International Understanding
While the major purpose of the Voice of America is “to help achieve United States foreign policy objectives,” it also contributes markedly toward better understanding...Read More »
- "Medical Viewpoint" and "Pearl Harbor, Lest We Forget/Requiem for the USA"
A Peabody Award seeks to recognize service to the public above and beyond that which a station would normally feel compelled to give and which...Read More »
Showing 332 results for radio
Page 5 of 7 pages