Entries by Tag
- Institutional Award: The Fine Arts Society of Indianapolis for Their Overall Programming
The Fine Arts Society of Indianapolis is a public charitable trust established to promote the understanding and appreciation of the fine and performing arts. Each...Read More »
- Institutional Award: NBC Television for Dramatic Programming
At a time when television entertainment appears to be largely a computerized product, hastily dispensed, and quickly forgotten, it is pleasant to honor an exception:...Read More »
- The American Revolution: 1770-1783, A Conversation With Lord North
This is an innovative use of television, employing an impromptu format with an accomplished actor and renowned newsman to recreate a discussion of the events...Read More »
- NBC Television for "Jack Lemmon in 'S Wonderful, 'S Gershwin," "Liza With a Z," and "The Timex All-star Swing Festival"
These three special programs devoted to 20th century American music were simple in format, yet with an elegance of style; they glorified the indigenous American...Read More »
- "Lyric Opera Live Broadcasts" and "Music in Chicago"
To WFMT in Chicago, a Peabody Award for the laudable effort to provide listeners with truly memorable experiences in the world of music through its...Read More »
- "Project 1 Experiment" for "The Carpenters: Live in Concert" and "Helen Reddy: Live in Concert"
To NBC radio, a Peabody Award for its outstanding Project I Experiment series. The Peabody Board salutes NBC Radio for its alertness in locating exceptional...Read More »
- Institutional Award: ABC, CBS, NBC Television for Outstanding Contributions to Entertainment Through an Exceptional Year of Televised Drama
To the three commercial national television networks, a joint Peabody Award for their outstanding contributions to entertainment through an exceptional year of televised drama. In...Read More »
- Institutional Award: NBC Television for "The Borrowers" (Hallmark Hall of Fame) and "Street of the Flower Boxes" (NBC Children's Theatre)
To NBC Television, a Peabody Award for meritorious achievement in the area of youth and children’s television programming, especially for its presentation of two important...Read More »
- CBS Television for The Exceptionally Well-Done Four-Part Series of Dramatic Specials Based on the Life of "Benjamin Franklin"
A Peabody Award to CBS for its four 90-minute dramatic specials based on the life of Benjamin Franklin, and starring as Franklin, at various stages...Read More »
- Institutional Award: NBC Television for "The Execution of Private Slovik," "The Law," and "IBM Presents Clarence Darrow"
This Peabody recognition is being made to NBC Television for its outstanding contribution of dramatic programs which were skillfully performed, handsomely produced and well written,...Read More »
- Personal Award: Perry Como for "Perry Como's Christmas in Austria"
To Perry Como, a Peabody Award for Perry Como’s Christmas in Austria, one of a series of musical specials that have provided millions of viewers...Read More »
Showing 234 results for entertainment
Page 4 of 5 pages