Entries by Tag
- 1956Personal Award: Rod Serling for "Requiem for a Heavyweight"
In Requiem for a Heavyweight, Rod Serling created an imaginative, live drama which was an outstanding contribution to the new art of television writing. Based...Read More »
- 1987Institutional Award: CBS Television and Hallmark Hall of Fame
The name Hallmark Hall of Fame has come to symbolize excellence of the highest order in the presentation of dramatic programs on television—in this case...Read More »
- 1958Lincoln Presents Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic
Television Musical Entertainment: By his virtuosity and genius for expression, Mr. Bernstein has inspired a resurgence of interest in symphonic music through intelligent and articulate...Read More »
- 1959Personal Award: David Susskind for "The Moon and Sixpence"
Television Entertainment (Non-Musical): A Peabody Award to David Susskind for his production of The Moon And Sixpence, a drama of style and substance, directed with...Read More »
- 1961Institutional Award: WFMT Radio for Fine Arts Entertainment
WFMT, Chicago, presents the Fine Arts, (including classical music, musical comedy, folk music, poetry, drama, discussion), and news entertainingly and excitingly. Its 19-hour schedule includes...Read More »
- 1964Personal Award: Joyce Hall for "Hallmark Hall of Fame"
A Peabody Award goes to Joyce Hall for being television’s consistent and practical champion of the theatre, for encouraging dramatic variation and musical innovation, for...Read More »
- 1966Personal Award: Tom John for "Death of a Salesman," "Color Me Barbra," and "The Strollin' Twenties"
In a medium where the visual elements are predominant, one of the most vital talents is that of the art director and set designer. In...Read More »
- 1986Institutional Award: The Fine Arts Society of Indianapolis for Their Overall Programming
The Fine Arts Society of Indianapolis is a public charitable trust established to promote the understanding and appreciation of the fine and performing arts. Each...Read More »
- 1971Institutional Award: NBC Television for Dramatic Programming
At a time when television entertainment appears to be largely a computerized product, hastily dispensed, and quickly forgotten, it is pleasant to honor an exception:...Read More »
Showing 225 results for entertainment
Page 3 of 5 pages