Entries by Tag
- 1968Personal Award: Dr. Leonard Reiffel for "The World Tomorrow"
A Peabody Award for the most distinguished education program in radio goes to Dr. Leonard Reiffel, Science Consultant and host of The World Tomorrow, which...Read More »
- 1965Institutional Award: National Educational Television (NET) for Television Education
We think it altogether fitting that National Educational Television (NET) and its president, John F. White, should receive the Peabody Award for the most distinguished...Read More »
- 1971Institutional Award: William Smith and Mississippi State Educational Television Authority for Television Education
Thanks to the pioneering leadership of William Smith, the Mississippi Authority for Educational Television has developed a plan to serve all of the people of...Read More »
- 1972Conversations With Will Shakespeare and Certain of His Friends
A George Foster Peabody Award for presenting to high school audiences selected excerpts of professionally performed Shakespearean plays in combination with contemporary youth views to...Read More »
- 1972Institutional Award: WHRO-TV for Overall Classroom Programming
A George Foster Peabody Award for embracing, in overall school television programming, program series basic to essential subjects as well as those directed to such...Read More »
- 1972Personal Award: Alistair Cooke for His Part in "America: A Personal View by Alistair Cooke"
His work in writing, narrating, and presenting this personal document in which American historical events are recounted and accompanied by colorful sketches of significant participants...Read More »
- 1975Institutional Award: The Standard School Broadcast for Forty-Seven Years of Continuous Educational Radio Service to Citizens of the Far West
The Standard School Broadcast’s 47 years on the air throughout the Western states is an achievement to which any broadcaster could point with pride. It...Read More »
- 1975Two Hundred Years Ago Tonight: The Battle of Lexington
A Peabody Award to the Voice of America’s special bicentennial series, Two Hundred Years Ago Tonight, recreating in the theatre of the listeners’ imaginations the...Read More »
- 1976American Popular Song With Alec Wilder and Friends
A Peabody Award to the South Carolina Educational Radio Network for American Popular Song with Alec Wilder and Friends. This series is recognized as an...Read More »
- 1977Personal Award: Steve Allen for "Meeting of Minds"
Steve Allen has created and hosted a truly original show in Meeting of Minds, presented by KCET, Los Angeles, on the Public Broadcasting Service. As...Read More »
Showing 89 results for education
Page 2 of 2 pages