Entries by Tag
- I Am a Promise: The Children of Stanton Elementary School
Filmmakers Alan and Susan Raymond have earned Peabody recognition in the past for their innovative use of the new technology of portable video in The...Read More »
- ABC, Its President, Robert E. Kintner, and his associates, Robert Saudek and Joseph McDonald for Their Courageous Stand in Resisting Organized Pressures and Their Reaffirmation of Basic American Principles
(Honorable Mention) At a time when radio stations and networks were either firing or refusing to hire writers and actors on the basis of the...Read More »
- Verdict for Tomorrow: The Eichmann Trial on Television
A special Peabody Award goes to Capital Cities Broadcasting Corporation and its executive producer, Milton Fruchtman, for providing the gavel-to-gavel television coverage of the trial...Read More »
- Eyes on the Prize II: America at the Racial Crossroads (1965-1985)
Two years ago, Executive Producer Henry Hampton accepted a Peabody Award for the first installment of this landmark series on the American Civil Rights movement....Read More »
- American White Paper: Organized Crime in the United States
For the scope of its inquiry and its significance to our national safety, in addition to its imposing professionalism, NBC’s White Paper: Crime in America...Read More »
- Institutional Award: ABC Television for ABC Creative Documentaries of 1968
ABC has shown exceptional inventiveness in presenting the kind of documentary which informs as well as entertains. Such ABC programs as The Sense of Wonder,...Read More »
- Institutional Award: WSMV-TV for a Series of Significant Television Documentaries
WSMV in Nashville, Tennessee, has demonstrated that it is a television station with an outstanding news operation. There are many good news operations, there are...Read More »
- "No-Fault Insurance -- Right Road or Wrong?" and "Second Sunday, Seven-part Series on the Cities"
The highest function of the radio documentary is to inform the public and raise the threshold of interest in the crucial problems of the nation....Read More »
- "Second Sunday: Communism in the 70s" and "A Right to Death"
To the NBC Radio Network for the exceptionally well-done series, Second Sunday, with special reference to two outstanding presentations in that series: Communism in the...Read More »
- Institutional Award: WMAL Radio for Overall Excellence in the Radio Documentary as Exemplified by "Suffer The Little Children" and "The Legend of the Bermuda Triangle"
WMAL Radio in Washington has demonstrated that the radio documentary is not only still alive, but is doing exceptionally well. Two of their best efforts...Read More »
Showing 170 results for documentary
Page 3 of 4 pages