Entries by Tag
- 1972Institutional Award: Voice of America for Promotion of International Understanding Through Radio
The Voice of America, detailing each state’s delegate selection process, in live broadcasts of the National Party Conventions and the November Election Returns, afforded foreign...Read More »
- 1972NBC Television for "Jack Lemmon in 'S Wonderful, 'S Gershwin," "Liza With a Z," and "The Timex All-star Swing Festival"
These three special programs devoted to 20th century American music were simple in format, yet with an elegance of style; they glorified the indigenous American...Read More »
- 1972Personal Award: Alistair Cooke for His Part in "America: A Personal View by Alistair Cooke"
His work in writing, narrating, and presenting this personal document in which American historical events are recounted and accompanied by colorful sketches of significant participants...Read More »
- 1972Institutional Award: Broadcasting Foundation of America for Promotion of International Understanding Through Radio
From 40 countries, a unique variety of informational, public affairs and cultural audio-tape programs are released daily to commercial and educational stations. These cover such...Read More »
- 1972Institutional Award: WHRO-TV for Overall Classroom Programming
A George Foster Peabody Award for embracing, in overall school television programming, program series basic to essential subjects as well as those directed to such...Read More »
- 1972Conversations With Will Shakespeare and Certain of His Friends
A George Foster Peabody Award for presenting to high school audiences selected excerpts of professionally performed Shakespearean plays in combination with contemporary youth views to...Read More »
- 1972"No-Fault Insurance -- Right Road or Wrong?" and "Second Sunday, Seven-part Series on the Cities"
The highest function of the radio documentary is to inform the public and raise the threshold of interest in the crucial problems of the nation....Read More »
Showing 22 results for 1972
Page 1 of 1 pages