2017 NomineesThe Peabody Awards Board of Jurors have selected 60 nominees that represent the most compelling and empowering stories released in electronic media during 2017. The nominees were selected from approximately 1,200 entries from television, radio/podcasts and the web. The Peabody Awards are based at the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia.
- Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel: The Strongman - Ramzan Kadyrov
A window into the world of the leader of Russia's Chechen Republic, a reclusive former warlord who uses a unique professional...Read More »
- Reporting on Sexual Abuse: "USA Gymnastics" and "Aly Raisman"
An investigation into one of the most remarkable sexual abuse scandals in the history of U.S. Olympic sports, featuring interviews....Read More »
- Tuesday, April 10: Nominees press release.
- Thursday, April 12: Career Achievement Award press release.
- Tuesday, April 17: Documentary winners press release.
- Thursday, April 19: Entertainment winners press release.
- Tuesday, April 24: News, Radio, Podcast & Public Service winners press release.